Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Two...here we come!

Jack is two now! Wow how fast those years have gone, and how fast he has grown.
I can not imagine life without him. He is my little ray of sunshine! Jackson is a little sweetie, he is very aware and sensitive. The other night while Madison was screaming he quietly played and occasionally would come up and pat her head. He has just learned to say Madi and has made the transition of having a sister very well. We love you Jack and thank God daily for you!!

Jacks first birthday (corn on the cob has now become a special tradition on his birthday).

We celebrated at G&G Rife's house. Uncle Jeremy and Jason were there to celebrate with us.

Here he is ready for prayer and then off to bed! We say prayer every night before bed and Jack just loves this time. Everyone must be on the floor to say prayer and he finds it is job to notify those who think they can just sit on the couch (Uncle Jason), even if your holding the baby you still have to kneel down (Grandma). Then after we have prayed he gives everyone a big hug and kiss. Dad is the last one to receive the kiss these days because he puts him to bed. Then he runs to get into his bed and waits for his milk which he knows Dad will bring him.

10 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!!!! Two already, that means Sav is right around the corner. He's so big now and I love the picture of him folding his arms, precious! Sav does that to and she made Grandma and Grandpa say prayers at every meal and at night (they aren't members)..it's amazing how children have such an influence.

We miss you guys and looks like Jack had a great Birthday!

Nicole said...

Happy Bday- he sure is a cutie, Rachel!

treadfamily said...

I can't believe he is two already. Time really does go fast. He's getting so grown up and is as handsome as ever. Happy Birthday to Jack. Love you guys and miss you.

Heather said...

What a little sweetie and such a great example to us all!

capturingtheride said...

Wow. 2 Already? Where did the time go? I have to admit, though I love his wavy locks now, seeing those "flashback" pictures made me miss his bald days! We love you, Jackson! You are SUPER! Hugs and kisses from Aunt Tysha, Uncle Jacob, and cousin Sawyer. Sure wish we could've helped you enjoy that chocolate cake!

Jill and Gordon said...

Happy Birthday to little Jackson! Looks like he had a fun celebration--can't believe you guys already have a two-year-old! Time flies.

dkkemp said...

He is getting so big! It looks like he had a wonderful birthday with his family all around him! Happy 2nd Birthday, Jack!

Brandon & Jamie said...

I never called Jackson for his birthday! I have been thinking about it for a while now. But I do have a VERY late present for Madison that I am sending out along with a Birthday present for Jackson. Hopefully I will be able to see you guys soon. I miss you bunches!

lori said...

I'm slow to comment, but I loved this post! What a big boy you are, Jack! That last picture is so so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the difference a year makes!!! Happy Birthday to my little buddy! xoxo Aunt Tia