My friend Heather and I were talking about the terrible twos the other day (since Jack has arrived there) and we decided that the twos were really about extremes...extreme frustration and extreme joy. Jack is becoming more independent every day. With that he vocalizing and insisting on his way more and more. Along with his independence he is talking more which I find so adorable, he is getting more independent in his playing and he gets really excited about things I think it is because he understands better. So the good moments are REALLY good....the bad REALLY bad. Isn't that life...when ever you get something really good it is usually because you have had to go through something really touch, hard, or bad.

3 comments:
So true...I already feel like Savannah is started tantrums and it's no fun! Test of patience for sure! Love the pictures Rachel, especially the one of him under the coffee table..so cute!
Whenever people say the 2's are terrible - I tell them, "No, they're really the TERRIFIC 2's" (because, in my opinion, the 3's can be difficult- not just wanting to be able to do things independently, but being able to, and then having to learn that sometimes the answer is "no". Tough!)
Enjoy those terrific moments! ;)
For those REALLY bad moments, check out "Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood, Birth to Six Years". It's a wonderful book that helped me through the two's, and the three's, and for that matter is still helping with my four year old.
Post a Comment