My Father has this great jean quilt that my Grandma Kemp made him years ago. It has been one of my favorite quilts for two reasons. First, it reminds me of my Father. There are a few things that really remind me of him and this blanket does...thus my love for it. We have used it on picnics, outings, camping trips, and just hanging out on the lawn. My Father loves to be active and productive and this quilt reminds me of that. Second, it reminds me of my Grandma Kemp. She is my hero!! She is such a strong, remarkable women who has developed many talents, including sewing. She is able, loving, and kind hearted. I look up to her in many ways and I am working to become like her.
So, in memory of these beloved people in my life, I ventured to make my own jean quilt so that those special memories I carried with the last quilt will continue with the new. So here it is...

8 comments:
I have a bunch of squares of denim I cut (6) years ago. This MIGHT motivate me to finally do something with it.
Awesome job, Rach! You are becoming oh-so-domestic! I love it!
ps- I printed your photos last night and just have to trim them up before I ship them off! They look fabulous!
I have stacks of old jeans sitting in my sewing room. Except that the girls use it as a dress up dressing room far more often than I use it as a sewing room
Wow, way a go Rachel!!! I love it and what an amazing talent that our generation totally takes for granted. It's amazing what us stay home moms venture into. You should have it be your quilt on your bed, it's so awesome Rachel! I'm very proud of you!
Chel, we are coming out there so soon, yeah. Also I wanted to tell you how impressed I am with you that you made such a cool thing. You definently got more talent than I did, because it looks great and also warm. We are going to have a blast in New York and I am also really excited to see my cute little nephew. He's getting so big. Love you.
Holy cow! Nice work! How did you even begin something like that??? I'm definitely impressed lady!
RACH!! You finished it already?? I still have a pic of the very wee beginning of the Rife family quilt. YOU amaze ME!! It turned out beautiful!! = )
awesome rach! It looks so good!
Post a Comment