Friday, October 10, 2008

A Sunday afternoon stroll to the park...

This past Sunday Jared and I decided to take Jackson to the park. As we exited our home I noticed some rain clouds looming over head. I grabbed my raincoat just in case. We enjoyed our short walk to the park and then the rain hit...and it poured!! Jared and I smiled as we watched are sweet son running around the basketball court splashing in the water. It rained so hard that the court was covered in a thick layer of rain which made the rain drops splash as they hit the court. It was beautiful. Dad had his fun by splashing me. Needless to say by the time we got home we were soaked to the bone, but we had huge smiles on our faces.

I love the rain. I always have. It has rained a lot since we have been here and I have forgotten how much I missed playing in the rain and watching how it makes everything so alive and beautiful! I take every opportunity to dance in the rain when I can and Jackson definitely takes after me.



Here I am dancing in the rain on my mission. All of the other sisters were inside taking pictures and shaking their head at the silly American dancing in the rain...and I loved every minute!!

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!!! I love his little waddle and his little squat. It's great to appreciate the small things in life and those are some awesome pictures and memories! Enjoy the rain, we never get any out here in Cali.