Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mark Twain House

Jeannette (from Utah, SO good to see you!) and Lynette came to visit and took us to the Mark Twain House. I definitely recommend a visit if anyone is in the Hartford, CT area. It was beautiful and fascinating. Here are a few great quotes from Mark Twain:

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."

"When in doubt, tell the truth."

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

"Honor is a harder master than the law."

3 comments:

Megan said...

That house looks beautiful! I'm rather jealous of all the crazy siteseeing you've been doing and the ability you have to do so many family things together. I hope the Rife's are as happy as they look. :)

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh, that house is amazing and I love the quotes. We would LOVE to come visit you guys, it's just a mater of making it happen.

Anonymous said...

Hello Rife Family! I love the pictures of the apple picking and the Mark Twain house. And I love those fall leaves in the background! Too bad fall doesn't even exist here in Mesa. It was 95 degrees today, and we don't have any trees that change colors :( We have orange groves everywhere, but it would be nice to go apple picking in some cooler weather. It looks like you and Jackson had a great time Rachel! One of these years we'll have to come visit and take a tour of the fall foliage--I've been wanting to do this for a long time.