Friday, November 15, 2013

Triathlon in Boiling Springs

I participated in a sprint triathlon in Boiling Springs.  It was a 900 m swim, 16 mile bike, and 3 mile run.  This was my first triathlon.  I have always wanted to do one.  I said between each child I needed to do one...well it took me until my third to do it, but I did!  It hurt really bad (especially during the run) but I did pretty well.  My goal was to get under 1 hour and 50 minutes...which I had no idea how I could do it.  But I did, and I got third in my age group!  

Women 30 - 39
   29    1  Stephanie Ernst, 32, Boiling Springs, PA        1:36:16
   43    2  Erin Brenner, 30, Boiling Springs, PA           1:42:38
   49    3  Rachel Rife, 32, Harrisburg, PA                 1:45:54
   55    4  Sarah Walsh, 32, Elizabethtown, PA              1:49:13
   
These were my splits for swim, transition, bike, trans, and run
35th 17:09,   85th 3:08,  62nd 58:07,  29th 35sec,  63rd 26:57 
Leslie Sorensen and I trained and raced together.  It was great we ended up on the bike part together and enjoyed racing and talking for an hour together.



1 comment:

capturingtheride said...

Way to go, Rach! Wohoo!

I always said I'd do a marathon in between each kid...ha ha ;) Maybe one before (done!) and one when we're done (more realistic!)

I love ya! Way to go!