Dad and Terri finally decided to come visit me on the East coast....it has only been 4 years! :) We were thrilled to have them come visit and see our home. On Monday we had an early Thanksgiving because we were going to be in NYC on Thursday and honestly I am kind of a brat when it comes to home made food and especially pies when it comes to Thanksgiving...I can blame that on my Grandma Tope who spoiled me all those years!
It was nice for the kids to get to know their Grandparents a little better. Jack loved having Papa Bruce sing him a song that I made up for him...over and over again. Madi loves her Papa Bruce. My Dad kept asking her who she loved the most Mom or Papa Bruce, Madi's reply, "Papa Bruce". After they left I asked Madi what she like the most about NYC, the balloons, the toy store, Papa Bruce, or Grandma Tildy. She responded, "Grandma Tildy".
I took them to Hershey Chocolate World while they were here. Luckily everyone puts Christmas stuff up really early so they were able to see the ginger bread house made out of all chocolate and candy.
While we were there we rode the free chocolate ride...always a favorite. G and G bought the kids a treat. Madi got ice cream (the only thing we were sure was gluten free). I have to say the best part of the trip was when Papa Bruce tried to wipe Madi's mouth clean with a napkin that, unannounced to him, was the napkin I just used to wipe a huge glob of ice cream off of Madi's coat. So instead of wiping anything off he wiped on a HUGE amount of ice cream. Knowing what happened I burst into laughter. Madi just sat there frozen wondering what the heck she should do now that her Papa had put a load of ice cream all over her face. We all laughed until our stomachs ached.
While we were there we rode the free chocolate ride...always a favorite. G and G bought the kids a treat. Madi got ice cream (the only thing we were sure was gluten free). I have to say the best part of the trip was when Papa Bruce tried to wipe Madi's mouth clean with a napkin that, unannounced to him, was the napkin I just used to wipe a huge glob of ice cream off of Madi's coat. So instead of wiping anything off he wiped on a HUGE amount of ice cream. Knowing what happened I burst into laughter. Madi just sat there frozen wondering what the heck she should do now that her Papa had put a load of ice cream all over her face. We all laughed until our stomachs ached.


1 comment:
Looks like a lot of fun! Was the house edible? I always enjoy decorating gingerbread houses.
Oh, btw..I went to this amazing gluten-free restaurant with friend on Friday, Risotteria. If we are in NYC again, we have got to go! GF breadsticks, panini, pizza..they even gave us whoopi pie and twinkies! And my friends could not tell the difference!
Post a Comment