Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Trip to Utah and Ohio

Thanks to Southwest's cheep flights I was able to visit Utah. It was an unexpected visit since I didn't think that I would be returning to Provo for a LONG time. It was a busy trip but lots of fun things happened and mainly Jack and I were able to visit lots of loved ones...

Here is my brother Dan getting Jack started on his first golf lesson. Dan's little girl is 4 and she has an AMAZING swing already. To bad we don't live closer.


Kristin and precious Makenna!

We got to stay with Grandpa and Grandma Kemp for a few days. It is so hard to be so far away from them. What amazing grandparents and friends! Jack LOVED running around there house and especially sliding down their stairs.


We meet up with some of our modern dancer friends at Zupas. Jackson is especially
close with Philip.


Of course I had plans to eat at my favorite restaurants while I was in town...mainly Bombay house and Cafe Rio. I think that I ate 3 different times at Cafe Rio! SO GOOD. I wish they had similar restaurants out East.

My family also shares my love for Bombay house. So we all got together for good eatins... (I just love Alyssa's face in this picture, she has the cutest expressions)

My Mother's cute new hairstyle.

Jack digging through my purse after the yummy meal.

Our friend Adam was able to make it to the party. It was great to see him.

One of Jackson's favorite places we visited was the Palmer's. He had four kids doting on him the entire visit. I also enjoyed seeing everyone and eating Julie's scrumptious food...nothing else quite like it.

Off course Jack remembered his uncle Jeremy. He was so over joyed to see him and spend time with him. I was too since it gave me a break! We love ya uncle J.

Following our stay at Utah we stopped by my sister's house in Ohio on our way home. The only unfortunate thing was that Jack got the throw up-diarrhea bug on our flight. He had 10 dirty diapers in 5 hours and I ran out of diapers about 1 hr out. It was HORRIBLE!! I looked like a neglectful mother as the stewardesses were asking if anyone had spare diapers and the pilot even got off the plane to try and buy diapers for me. Well, I resorted to using cotex until the flight was over. As soon as Jack got over the bug, I got it. It was bad stuff, and I almost had to go to the ER because I got so dehydrated. Nice visit with my sister, hu. Jen was great and took care of us, but what a way to spend vacation.

We did manage to do a few fun things, Jack loved the mall play area. He loves the zebra and still asks to see the picture of it frequently.

My niece Faith, isn't she a doll!


Jackson cuddling up to Aunt Jennifer.

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Wow Rach, Jack is getting so big and I'm so jealous you got to eat cafe rio, I miss that place!!!
Rach, my hat goes off to you for dealing with 10 dirty diapers on the plane, first off I hate that they don't have a changing station and you have to borrow your neighbors lap and I what a mom using cotex!!!! It's already so stressful being on the plane with a little one, but having that happen is just terrible! I'm guessing you won't be going anywhere any time soon, LOL!
We miss you guys!