For a while we thought that we wouldn't know the gender until she came. Our first visit we could not tell the gender because the umbilical cord was in the way, her feet were crossed, and the placenta was also in the way. Three weeks later I went in for another ultra sound but because of the snow the technician didn't show up. Luckily a friend of ours, Kisti, did another ultra sound and said that it is a girl.
We are SO excited to have a girl. I have always felt that I would have lots of boys, but I always hoped that I would have at least one girl (after this tough pregnancy I am hopping for just ONE girl). I now feel at ease knowing that someone will call me frequently in my old age!
Jackson is doing wonderful! He is growing up so fast and getting curls...which I LOVE. He already knows where the baby is and kisses my belly daily, but I still think he has a surprise coming. He gets really upset if I hold another baby...yikes! Any advice?

9 comments:
I was begining to think you forgot that you had a blog! hooray for baby girls!
Congrats to the both of you, how exciting!!!! I've missed you guys so much and I've been worried because we haven't heard anything from ya in awhile via blogging, e-mailing or phone. I figured it was a girl with all the throwing up and stuff.....those dang hormones!
Jack looks so big, I can't believe it. Post more pictures!
We love you guys and I'm gonna have to give you a call sometime soon so we can catch up.
Hang in there!
Thanks for the post! I have been dying to see how big lil Jack is getting! SO BIG! With hair, even! Hooray for girls, I am so excited! AND so excited to see you and hang out for like a week and a half in May!
My advice (not that it really counts, it's more like just an idea as I've seen several friends go through the "+ 1" lately...) get both you and Jack baby dolls. You "take care" of yours, and help him take care of his. Carry your baby around in a sling/moby etc., and if he wants to, let him carry his. Stop throughout the day to feed your baby, change it, etc. That way, Jack can at least be accustomed to another baby and the time you will need to take to "care" for it. He can take care of "his" baby right along side you. Really play it up, especially a few weeks before your real baby arrives. And once she's here...make sure you make some time to have a little one on one time with Jack every day. I've heard that can make a huge difference.
Sorry for the novel.
Love ya lots!
Congratulations! I love and miss you guys. :o)
Yea! That is so great about the girl. I am sorry about the sickness. That is rough. I hope that you are right and you only get sick with your girl babies...or maybe just this one. :) (We're having another boy and I've been really sick for six months. Apparently the 'when you are really sick it means you are having a girl' formula doesn't for me. Eli was LOTS easier.)
Yeah for girls! I had a boy first and then a girl too. It's a change to go from dressing a boy to dressing a girl, there are so many accessories to think about! You will have so much fun.
Oh yay!!! a little girly! If you are feeling up to it we should venture out to the park when it gets a little warmer.
I'm so happy that you posted again! I am soooo excited that you will be having a little girl! She's going to be the prettiest thing around with luscious lips and long flowing locks! :) We miss you guys!
We're so excited! And it was SO great to see you...even just for a second!
(Loved the "someone will call me frequently in my old age comment." That made me laugh and laugh.)
Post a Comment