Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a wonderful 4th. We went hiking up Rock Cannon, which is a favorite of ours. We tried to go a park but they were so crowded that we came home and ended up taking a nap--which we really enjoyed.

We also got to spend time with G&G Kemp. We had BBQ at their house. Spending time one-on-one with G&G Kemp was the highlight of my day! Not only are they my grandparents but they are my friends!! After dinner we were all siting on the grass watching Jackson tootle around. Grandma was hot, so I suggested for them to take off their shoes and socks. I will never forget how grandpa was teasing Grandma and saying "lets be daring Grandma and take off our shoes". I love these moments where Grandma and Grandpa's personalities are so apparent. Man I love them so much!!

Jackson's first 4th! He actually was awake to see the fireworks. He watched them intently for about 3 minutes and then proceeded to crawl around and play with the dirt. Well at least he got to experience them for a few minutes.

All in all it was a great day. I love the 4th of July. It makes me remember how grateful I am for the blessing of living in a free and blessed land! I was reading in D&C 10 and I thought that these verses were fitting for this day of celebration.

46 And, behold, all the remainder of this work does contain all those parts of my gospel which my holy prophets, yea, and also my disciples, desired in their prayers should come forth unto this people.
47 And I said unto them, that it should be granted unto them according to their faith in their prayers;
48 Yea, and this was their faith—that my gospel, which I gave unto them that they might preach in their days, might come unto their brethren the Lamanites, and also all that had become Lamanites because of their dissensions.
49 Now, this is not all—their faith in their prayers was that this gospel should be made known also, if it were possible that other nations should possess this land;
50 And thus they did leave a blessing upon this land in their prayers, that whosoever should believe in this gospel in this land might have eternal life;
51 Yea, that it might be free unto all of whatsoever nation, kindred, tongue, or people they may be.

Here are some bonus videos of Jack. In the morning times when we are all snuggled up together Jack has found my belly and has been blowing on it make all sorts of noises. I didn't feel like posting those moments so here is him doing the same thing on my leg.

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Glad you had a great 4th! Jack, as always, makes us laugh - he is so funny and cute! I'm glad he at least nodded at the fireworks - I couldn't believe how loud it was all around us and Sawyer snoozed through the whole thing! Well, we'll see ya VERY soon - we can hardly wait!!!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh we wish we were there with you guys! Did you guys take that picture of the fireworks or download it? We miss you tons and can't wait to see you and meet Jackson.