Saturday, December 7, 2013

All things Halloween

We had a wonderful Halloween season! Halloween is one of Jackson's favorite and had a wonderful time at the Hershey parade, trick-or-treating, class parties, and a surprise Halloween date.  While taking the children trick-or-treating we went to two neighbors houses that we frequently run by.  There are two houses close together with the same dragon mail box.  Jared and I have been curious as to who they belong to, so we trick-or-treated at their homes.  The first home belong to an old couple who gave candy and sodas out of a cooler.  The house next door was their son who also gave out candy and had a cooler full of drinks...but not for the kids, he had "adult drinks".  I didn't recognize any of the names except Jack Daniels so I knew they must be alcoholic drinks.  I heard lemonade and coke and decided to go with something that was safe..."lemonade" I piped up.  But when I got in the car and read Mike's Hard Lemonade...I knew I wouldn't be enjoy that drink!  Jared found a willing fellow student that was more than happy to take it off our hands. =)

Hershey Halloween Parade
Patiently waiting for candy.
We did local trick-or-treating with our wonderful neighbors (Kathy, Homer, Jackie, and Ali).
 
The kids and I enjoyed the annual visit to Ashcombe Farms.
Madison's preschool parade.  She was very excited to show off her costume and loved the photo shoot.
I surprised Jared and took him to Hershey Park at Dark.  We went to dinner at Panera Bread and then off to the park.  There was hardly anyone in line so we made ourselves sick going on the crazy rides over and over.  At one point Jared suggested that we get off the ride and walk around to do it again so we could clear our heads.  This picture is off us on the farris wheel "clearing our heads" a little more.  It was a great time!

No comments: