This was a wonderful Mother's Day. Jared turned it into a Mother's week and I got small surprises every day, what a wonderful, aware husband I have! I think he realized I have been struggling with my energy and big belly. Jack had some great gifts from preschool and church to give me. One gift was a little wooden treasure box that he painted at church. He told me later that he painted the box purple because they only had purple and pink. He wanted to paint it blue because he knew that was my favorite color (while he was recounting this story I naturally thought he would choose red because he LOVES red and that is ALWAYS the color he chooses...but he thought of me instead). At preschool they gave the kids "homework" for Sunday morning. Jack remembered from Thursday to Sunday. He even kept his "homework" a secret from me. So Sunday morning he came running up to me and gave me a kiss and a hug and a big thank you. I love being a Mom!
We had a lovely afternoon just being together. We had tinfoil dinners for dinner and just played in the yard. My heart was smiling while I watch the kids jump with Dad. I had to get a few pics just for me to remember how cute and wonderful they are...and to remember the feeling of completeness as I watched all there interactions. Of all the roles in life Mother has to be one of my favorite!
We had a lovely afternoon just being together. We had tinfoil dinners for dinner and just played in the yard. My heart was smiling while I watch the kids jump with Dad. I had to get a few pics just for me to remember how cute and wonderful they are...and to remember the feeling of completeness as I watched all there interactions. Of all the roles in life Mother has to be one of my favorite!

2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day WEEK :) I have to admit, looking at these images, all of a sudden Jackson looks SO big to me! His little boy curls are gone...and he just looks so big and handsome :) Ready to be the guiding and protective big brother to TWO cute little sisters! I hope these last few days treat you well - just rest up and relax and that sweet baby girl will be here before you know it! Love you so much - it's been so much fun "sharing" our pregnancy moments and milestones together...well...3 weeks apart ;) Wanna do it all over again one last time in about 3 years? lol ;)
I've been thinking of you a ton this week! My phone numbers were deleted since my phone died and so I can't remember yours to put in my new phone (bad excuse, hello there is email), but I wish you luck and blessings this week:). We're so excited for you!
Post a Comment