Jackson is a little chatter-bug. He loves to tell stories, listen to stories and just talk about life. I forget how young he is sometimes during our conversations because his vocabulary is so advanced. For example, today we went and a walk (or maybe waddle is a better word...a pregnant women pushing two kids in a double stroller up hill) and after while I let the kids throw rocks in the water Jack said, "Mom look I am making the water murky so the ducks can't see their food (as he throws handfuls of dirt into the water)." I didn't think anything of it, but now thinking back, murky is a pretty good word...I wonder where he learned it.
So later at the dinner table he was telling me a story (I can't remember the details, I get so MANY stories every day one is entitled to forget one right?) and as he finished he said, "I grumbled to myself that's not right." That just made me laugh! What a little character we have on our hands.
It is interesting to note how kids develop holding firm to some traits and really struggling in others. A few months ago we had parent conference with his preschool teacher. In one sentence she was saying his fine motor skills needed improvement (showing us a self portrait he had drawn which was a little better than scribbles), and in the next asking us if he had a photographic memory. With the good traits and the bad it is amazing to watch these little ones grow and take on a life of their own. It is a good reminder that these little spirits are unique, and independent. How blessed I am to share these moments with my son! I thank God daily for that privilege!
This is Jackson's Preschool picture (a bit cheesey but we had to get one, you should have seen some of the other backgrounds...sweet).


2 comments:
Absolutely sooo cute!
Jen
I can just imagine him. I remember his vocabulary explosion just from the last time in CT to the time in Dec when we visited you in PA. And now add another 16 months and I'm sure you've got a little professor on your hands:).
Post a Comment