Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Brown or Blue?

Let me start by saying I LOVE LOVE Jackson's blue eyes. In light of that, I told Jared that I wanted at least one brown eyed child. This desire was enhanced with Jackson because he is a carbon copy of his father--which I love. I have a secret hope of seeing some of my jeans manifest in our children--is that too much to ask after carrying them for 9 months? As Madison has grown I mentioned to Jared that her eyes look hazel or brown. However, he INSISTS that they are turning blue. Others have said green. So to you I say, what color do you think Madison's eyes are/will be?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jackson's eye color at the same age--about 4 months

Photobucket

Here is a bonus video

6 comments:

Anna said...

That is so funny that you say Jackson looks more like Jared. I always thought he looked a lot like you. Madison definitely looks a lot like her mommy though. Very cute kids!

And my prediction is, I think they are going to be a brown. (They could look a bit green depending on what she is wearing.)

With my kids, #1 has light blue eyes, and #2 has dark blue eyes. Kind of crazy.

~Audrey ~ said...

Based on my two kids, one with blue and one with brown..... they're looking pretty brown to me! I hope you get your wish! :-D

Jana Perkins said...

Adorable! That video was so great. I love the moments when you see your kids loving each other.

Jo Lynn said...

I think they are dark hazel/brown. She is so sweet and I loved the comparison of Jackson and her eyes, they look so much alike!

capturingtheride said...

Dark, chocolately BROWN, like her Momma's ;) (I don't see a speck of blue in those baby browns!)

Sawyer's were super muddy/blue/gray for the LONGEST time before settling on a unique blend of hazel and olive green. I think if they'll be a solid color they'll settle by about 6 months...if they're going to be "chameleon eyes" like green or hazel or gray...it may take longer.

KirstenandDaniel said...

I think she will have your brown eye from the way those pictures look. I have 3 brown eyed children and their gray eyes at birth turned gradually to their different shades of brown or hazel. From the moment Jacob was born I knew he would be blue eyed. We will see what #5 ends up being in about 2 weeks. I think you are doing well with that new camera. Great pictures.