Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Play time

As soon as we arrived in West Hartford we were notified of the church playgroup. This Wednesday we were able to go to Flamig Farms. We had a great time! I feel like there is so much to do here and a lot of the moms get together because no one has family close by. I love being able to get together with these great ladies to bond and talk. These moms are SO creative at choosing cool play ideas and I have just reaped the benefits of it all. So here was our fun adventure at the petting farm...


We got a cup of food to feed all the animals. Jackson enjoyed grabbing the food and throwing it all over as if to spread the joy every where.

We saw a pig that was about 600 plus pounds...the picture does not do him justice! Does this picture make you want to eat pork...yum yum

So I have to admit this was not just fun for Jackson. I liked feeding all the animals especially the cow. Did you know that their tongues are like sandpaper? Well, I experienced that first hand today. So now that I have my beautiful son to hang out with all day I get to relive my childhood days too.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

Rach, that is so great for you and little Jack to be so well connected with the ladies and the babies. I've been going to our "Mom's group" since I was a nanny. It's so nice to be able to have fun and chat with the other moms and let the kids interact. It looks like you have a great group. It looks so beautiful in W. Hartford! And it looks like you're having a lot of fun - just as it should be! Love ya lots and miss you tons!

Jacob said...

ps- you are awesome at doing your own braids...only wish I could get mine to look quite as nice :)

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I remember going to a farm as a child as well..I think I chased the kittens around myself. The picture of baby Jack with the cow is so precious! Im glad you guys had a great time! = )