2007--As of late I worked with the rugby team. What an adventure!! Here is a video to prove it. (Rob the star of the show, did this routine weekly--in front of the mirror I might add).
Disclaimer: not all rugby players are like Rob.
Vito, Steve, Duran, and Tua (Lt to Rt) were some of regulars in the training room due to injuries.

2005-2007--I spent a year and a half working with dancers as an athletic trainer. My love for music and dance was enhanced and of course I made many good friends and many good memories. One of the highlights was going on Tour with the modern dance team (and Jared) to Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.

2005--I finally finished my undergraduate degree and then went on to get my master's. I was planning on leaving and getting a job but, I met a good looking guy who was motivation enough for me to stay.

2004--I worked with the Lacrosse team. Lucky me thats were I met Jared! I was invited to got to Maryland with the team and that is when Jared and I got to know each other better. He asked me out when we got back. Our first data was at Mimi's Cafe and ever since then we knew we were going to be together. This picture is when we were in Maryland and Jared was teaching me how to eat crab. He was checking to see if I would get my hands dirty while eating crab. Well it looks like I past the test.
2002-2004--I served a year and a half mission in Brazil. It's hard to articulate the whole mission in one sentence but lets just say it helped mold who I am and what I want to become.
2002--I was a trainer for the BYU track team.
2001--I was a trainer for BYU football. I have a friend who plays for the Steelers. GO STEELERS (I root for the Steelers in opposition to my husband who is a Patriots fan and declares that our children will be Patriots fans also).

2000--Worked at Timpview High school as a trainer. I even got to be a trainer for my brother David who was going to school there at the time. I even got to train for him during his state wrestling match. I got to be on the mat just in case anyone got hurt, and it took all the discipline in the world not to cheer for my brother.
I think part of me will miss all the action. I love to be busy and on the go. Now life is settling down a bit (any mother reading this is probably laughing) I know Jackson will keep me busy but it will be a different busy. I am ready for a new adventure and the most important part is that I've got my boys with me as I go through it!




6 comments:
Rachel how awesome! What a wonderful recap of the last few years. Beautiful. I love the pictures. I think Rob played a little too much Mortal Kombat as a teenager--did I mention he's my new hero?
-Eric
Eric,
I loved the comment! I'm sure I could arrange a personal meeting with Rob if you want. I bet he would be willing to demonstrate his talents in person.
Rachel
Rach -
You've been great at everything you've attempted in life - including mommy-hood! It will be an adventure for sure and you betcha Jack will keep you busy! (just wait til he's more mobile!) I'm proud of you for being able to recognize the great things you've done and step ahead to focus on this phase of life. Your ability to cheer people on and wait anxiously on the sidelines to help out when it's needed will definitely be a great blessing to your boys and future kids as well! I love ya girl and am VERY PROUD of you and ESPECIALLY LUCKY you are my big lil sis!!!
-tysha
ps-only wished we lived closer!!!
Jared looks like a little baby back in 2004!!! Way to have a successful training career Rach!
(I'm glad you guys found Pastorero...even better that your humble...a skill I'm still working on:) )
What a life, Rach!! I loved the pictures and the history.
You are such an amazing woman, your family will be so blessed by your talents and experiences!!
Rachel and Jared- Your little Jack is such a doll! I love this post. All the time I look at my boys and my life and think, "wait a minute, how did I get here??" It seems like just yesterday I was living with roommates giggling about boys and now all of the sudden I am the mother of two!? Sometimes it just feels good to reminisce on life like you did in this post and remember a few of the other parts of my identity other than motherhood. :) And also neat to think about how all of those things have made me into the mother that I am and am trying to become.
We sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment