I have been meaning to write this post since last Sunday, but today is the first time that I have had a chance to write about it. Last week the Red Sox won their seventh World Series. It was a special time for me because it was a time that I got to spend with my son, watching America's pastime. It was also a special time because when they won in 2004, Rachel and I were dating, and after the game we had our first kiss (it was so good Rachel's knees were wobbly, you will have to ask her to tell the story!) I hope that this is the beginning of me and my children doing things that are unique and just "us" time. I had those times with my father, watching games, backpacking, swimming among so many others that are unique to my father and I. This is one thing that I have really looked forward too with the coming of our son. The making of memories with experiences that are uniquely and solely ours to share. It is those big and small moments that shape our children and allow them to look back and remember that we love them, and we want to be with them, because we give them one of our most precious commodities: time.

This is Jonathan Papebon after the final out of the World Series. Rachel thinks he looks like John Lithgow.

As a member of Red Sox nation, Jack gets his own hat, its a little big but he will grow into it.
Grandma Rife also bought him a Patriots outfit, so he can follow them with his Dad too!Here is a picture of the team right

4 comments:
Not only does he look great, but he's happy about it! What a great smile in that first picture with his Sox hat on!
Little Jackson a Red Sox fan already!! That's awesome! Jared, I'm so glad you share these little moments with us. It is so sweet. I am also a new member of Red Sox nation, having been converted from the Dodgers now that I am here in Boston. It seems it is a family affair..Go Sox!!
Super cute pictures!!
-Eric
Super cute pictures!!
-Eric
Post a Comment