Jackson Jared Rife was blessed on the 30th of September. As Jared shared with me one night as we were having our family scripture moment that our son's blessing would be the first time that the priesthood would be used to bless his life. It was beautiful to see his Father, Grandfathers, and uncles all standing in a circle to bless him. I am so grateful for the gospel and the blessings that it brings in my life and the life of my family.
Up close and personal with Jack and all his great faces!
Jackson had some of his grandparents visit for his big event. Top: Bruce and Terri Kemp,Bottom: Frank Rife
The generations: Grandson with his grandparents and his great-grandparents.
mrs. cropper - the swing is working its magic, I threw him in it the other night (side note, its better to place than to throw) and at first he was a little fussy I think because it was new and then in a 30 seconds he calmed down and was sawing logs.
If I'm not mistaken that cute baby boy is wrapped up cuddly in a blanket knitted by his great-grandma Iris!? What a cutie! And it looks like you got a gorgeous day for the blessing (of course I live in Seattle where it's gray and rainy quite often, so any sunshine looks great to me!) Love you guys and can't wait to see you next month!
Jack loves to sing in the car. The most recent song I have been teaching him is Give Said the Little Stream. Upon request Jared and I sang it together for Jack. When we finished Jack said (with his hand resting on his chin) "oh, that was very nice" --June 2010
Jared and I were in the living room on the computer when we heard Jackson toot followed by "excuse me, my bummy" --May 2010
6 comments:
He is growing up so fast! That was such a beautiful blessing. It is truly a blessing that we have the power of God all around us!
Shucks! I'm so sorry we missed it! P.S. Is the swing working its magic yet??
mrs. cropper - the swing is working its magic, I threw him in it the other night (side note, its better to place than to throw) and at first he was a little fussy I think because it was new and then in a 30 seconds he calmed down and was sawing logs.
These are great pics! So glad we could be there for the blessing and meet your parents, Jared!
Jackson is so handsome in his blessing day attire!
If I'm not mistaken that cute baby boy is wrapped up cuddly in a blanket knitted by his great-grandma Iris!? What a cutie! And it looks like you got a gorgeous day for the blessing (of course I live in Seattle where it's gray and rainy quite often, so any sunshine looks great to me!) Love you guys and can't wait to see you next month!
I love his cute faces, especially the one where he looks like he is looking out the car window contemplating the world from his car seat..
Post a Comment