Saturday, June 7, 2014

Thing 4

When we got home from Disney world a little something magical came home with us...VERY unexpectedly I might add.  We are so exited to welcome our last little one (or so that is what we are planning) into our family.  The kids are ecstatic!!

We were planning on telling the kids when I was about 12 weeks, however Jared mentioned something one Sunday morning about the baby and Jackson's keen ears picked it up.  He said, "what Mom is going to have a baby"?  So we told the children and told them to not share the news with anyone yet...well wouldn't you know that the primary lesson was on motherhood and each class had a visit from an expectant mother.  This is an email we received later that day.

Subject: Spilled beans?

Hi Rachel,

I have to tell you a funny story from primary today. Our lesson today was about birthdays and how special it is when babies are born, and about baby Jesus. Part of the lesson suggested that an expectant mother talk about preparing for the birth of a baby, so I just decided to do it myself. As soon as I told them there's a baby in my tummy, Maddie got this priceless look on her face (in fact, she had just been in the middle of saying "I have a clue about my secret. It's about a tiny seed...") and it was like she was thinking "this is the most unbelievable coincidence I have ever experienced!" Her eyes got so big, and she couldn't find words for a few seconds. And then she said, "my mommy has a baby in her tummy, but I'm not telling anyone!" Rachel, it was so funny! And it's totally my fault if she said something she shouldn't have. I should have seen it coming with the seed comment. Anyway, if you're pregnant, congratulations! And please take advantage of me knowing, and let me know if there's anything I can do to help you. 
Have a good night!  Kathryn

Jackson was a little more discreet but he couldn't help relating with the pregnant mother..."oh ya my Mom is sick to"... etc

So the news was out a little early but everything is going wonderfully, minus sickness all the time, tiredness and nursing (Emerson), and mommy crankys :)


No comments: