Saturday, September 3, 2011

Making up for Lost Time

Madi has gained 3 lbs in 3 weeks!! She is doing WONDERFUL!! There was about a week where she ate TONS of food. She ate about every hour to two hours and pounded the food. She would even wake up at night and eat a full bowl of cereal..."want check puff" is what she says whenever she is hungry. (Chex and Panda Puffs are her favorite cereal)

We are so thankful, happy, relieved that she is doing well!! As far as the diet goes I have a LOT to learn and to perfect...which will come. Madison is doing SO well it is hard to be disappointed with anything. I am just so darn happy to see her well that the food is something I am happy to make her. She has definitely got her spark back...never wants to be held and a little sassy too. Such a difference...from starvation and weakness to joyfulness and full of life. Hmm...I think I will take the gluten free diet!!!

Actually some of the food is SO good I prefer it over the gluten containing items...some not so good and all pretty darn expensive but definitely doable.

Here is a before and after picture of Madison (notice how much chubbier her face is now!) Also the underwear she has on is from the same package...can you believe they are the same size? Ok so honestly this picture makes me tear up to see how bad she got...what gets me most is the big smile on her face despite all the sickness. What a precious baby girl!

Here are some of our new menu items that are pretty tasty! This pasta dish has fresh tomatoes from our garden and it is SO good.

I have started crock potting whole chickens (so much cheaper--and not a lot of work) and making my own chicken broth. This Chicken noodle soup is an after thought from the crock potted chicken...it was delicious!

6 comments:

Heather said...

WONDERFUL!!! She looks so great ... it's amazing what 3 lbs. will do to a little body.

capturingtheride said...

She looks SO much better - happier and healthier - HOORAY! That reminds me, I have an AWESOME asian soup recipe I need to send you - I made it for Tia last time she was here and she LOVED it! coconut milk makes everything yummy if you ask me ;)

capturingtheride said...

ps- check out those big girl unders - is she totally potty trained now? way to go Madi!

treadfamily said...

She is looking awesome. I'm glad she is eating so well and feeling good, it's important to have that sass back. Love you guys and I'm glad that Madi is doing better. Lyss continues to pray for her and Jackson!!

Corals said...

I am SO happy for Madi! She really looks great. :) Will you tell me your recipe for the crock-pot whole chicken?

Coralee

Anonymous said...

So glad to see that Madi is recovering!!! By the way, today is National Celiac Disease Awareness day, so happy day! I have been celebrating all the progress that has been made, and supportive friends and family, since I was diagnosed, can you believe 16 years ago?!!

Also..do you have an iPhone? There are some amazingly helpful apps out there these days! It will make your like 100 times easier when grocery shopping or eating out.

Hope all is well and love you lots!