I love working in my small garden. It is so satisfying to watch my seeds grow and clean out all the weeds. I treasure the time I get to work with the dirt and let my mind wonder. The other day my mind fixed on a few memories I shared with my Grandpa Kemp. I have thought of him often as I have prepared, planted and worked in my garden. I almost picked up the phone to call and tell him about it one day.I think of his big, strong yet soft and gentle hands working his garden. I remember how excited he was about Jared and my garden when he let us garden with him. I fondly remember the water turns we shared week after week. Sometimes it would be 10 pm when we would get the water turn. Jared, Grandpa, and I would be out in the dark with head lamps while we sloshed around in the mud making sure all the plants were getting sufficient water. Grandma would check on the group making sure we didn't need anything. Grandpa would help us with our garden.
It is funny how seemingly little things like watering a garden together means so very much to me now. I never thought it would have such significances, yet those are the joyful memories that I hold close to my heart. Oh how I miss them!

2 comments:
How wonderful you have such warm memories of special times.
We have a little garden this year, too - and there is something so wonderful about getting your hands all dirty and watching things grow. For some reason when I sowed the seeds I doubted we would get anything to grow. So every time I look out the window and see all the green things in our garden I get soooo excited!
Miss you much - if only we could be neighbors!
Great pictures! I love them! They make me smile.
Jen
Post a Comment