Monday, February 21, 2011

Madi Girl

The last few days I have been weaning Madison. It produces an array of emotions. I feel relief to think that I might actually have my body back. I have been pregnant or nursing for over 4 years...I am excited to see what it will feel like to not have a parasite. :) Although I am a little nervous about fast Sunday. There is also a twinge of sadness in knowing my little girl is growing so fast, knowing that it seems like yesterday when she became part of our family. Anxiety...I know I am such a wimp when it comes to my children crying or going through something like this. I have been anxious for awhile about it, but Madi is adapting fine which has helped my anxiety (Jared is rolling his eyes about now). I love mothering...with the painful, pull-your-hair-out-moments to the cherished, peaceful, quiet, snugly, energetic, and happy moments.

Madi LOVES bugs. Lucky for her we have TONS of stink bugs around the house. She loves to hold them and follow them around.

This is her telling me that she wants to hold the bug.

3 comments:

capturingtheride said...

I hope it goes well for both of you...I am also "sentimental" about nursing and progressing through the stages - it's so lovely to see your children healthy and growing, but sometimes don't you wish you could just stop time for a little while?

I am thinking it's gonna feel pretty amazingly awesome to have your body back. I am looking forward to that, too - pretty soon. I don't think Aspen is ready to give up her "na na" quite yet - and neither am I.

Hey, I did get bibs made this week - just have to add the snaps and then your package will finally be coming your way!

Love you!

Corals said...

I love her curls!! That stink bug thing is hilarious. :)
--Coralee

Jo Lynn said...

Wow, she's so big I can't believe it. How old is she now? You need one of those widgets that say how old your kids are on your blog. :) I feel ya, I love nursing Carter and I'll be sad when I have to wean him. Its such a wonderful time to snuggle and take a moment to stop and admire God's gift..but I feel ya with the freedom that comes with it. :)