Monday, January 11, 2010

That's a Sweetie

Madison is 6 months old! It seems that she is growing up twice as fast a Jackson...which scares me and also reminds me to enjoy each moment. She is my happy girl...my bright eyes. She is happy whatever we are doing and wherever we are doing it. I love her enthusiasm for life, you can see it in her death grip hugs and kisses she gives. I love her coos, curiosity, excitement, and smile.

I didn't think that anything could bring me more joy than watching my son grow up...then I saw my children loving each other!

They are already the best of buddies. When Madison sees Jack playing she will explode into fits of laughter. Sometimes she will even laugh and smile at him when he bonks her on the head (try disciplining that one).

When Jackson gets hurt or is being disciplined he asks for Madi to come give him a hug. He will hold her tight and say Maa-Nee. Occasionally when I am putting him to bed (when Daddy is not home) and Madison starts to screech in protest of being left alone, Jack will pop up giving me a concerned look and say Maa-Nee (in other words mom go take care of her). That is TRUE love, since putting him to bed (rubbing his legs and singing to him) is one of his favorite things.

Jared calls Madison sweetie a lot. So Jackson has picked up on that and has started to say (in a high pitch voice) "hi sweetie" and "Madison name sweetie" and "that's a sweetie"...and so she is.


Madi is a mover. She is crawling, rolling, sitting, grabbing, jumping...you name it! She is also very DETERMINED. If she is interested she will not be detoured. I will entice her attention with new toys, talk to her, or even turn her so she can not see the object of interest. She will not be distracted...and I love it! It just makes me smile thinking that these precious ones came with their own personalities, likes, and dislikes. And I love being the one to discover them.

4 comments:

dkkemp said...

She IS a sweetie! How beautiful! I just love having two kids and I can see you do too! It's awesome!

melinda marie said...

really cute!
rachel, what kind of camera do you have? what setting did you shoot in for the outside pics? did you do any editing? i love the way that your sweet girl's eyes "pop" out and it's so crisp!

capturingtheride said...

I can't believe how big she is! I feel like I see so much more of Jackson (not to mention I've actually spent time with him)...I hope I can feel someday like I know your little sweetie ;) Maybe this Spring I'll get a chance?

Jo Lynn said...

Sweetie, how cute! Rachel, one of my favorite posts for sure!!! Love him wanting you to take care of her, what love they have for each other! She's a doll and she look so much like the both of you guys. We love you guys so much and it sounds like you're doing well!