Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodbye P-Town


Provo. When I first came here I thought it was a funny place. I thought the mountains were beautiful, and I was impressed with their grandeur. My little window out of 3117 Budge Hall gave me the best view of Rock Canyon, the Temple and the rest of the Wasatch Range. I thought it was silly that no restaurants or food places were open past 10 pm. I thought the drivers would be the death of me, I saw three accidents in my first week and have forever been the consummate defensive driver within the city limits. I thought people were nice, kind courteous but a little naive and sheltered.
Now nine years later I still think Provo is a funny place, but its now funny because what I have done and lived while I have been here. Provo is where I dated my first Mormon Girl. Its where I first ate fry sauce. Its where I earned an education and did my schooling. Its where I went the the MTC. Its where I met my eternal companion. Its where I became a husband. Its where I became a father. Its where I have met countless good people, made so many friends, and so many great impressions. Forever will I love Provo, for all its quirks, oddities, and pecularities. But most of all I will miss all the people I associate with Provo. Friends and family alike you will always share a place in my heart. So here's to you P-town, and here's to all those we have left behind, we love you and will miss you.
~Jared

3 comments:

lori said...

And P-Town definately misses the Rifes! At least the Trumans do!
So glad to know you're safely settled in your new abode. Hoping school is going well, Jared!

Rachel - we were so happy you called the other night! I drilled Wes on the whole conversation so I could get the details =)

Good luck with everything! We miss you!

Jo Lynn said...

Oh my gosh you posted, that means you have the internet! Yeah. Jared, that was so well put and you couldn't have chosen better words to describe Provo, Utah. LOL We miss you both as well and forever be thankful we met you guys...

Sarraphim said...

We SO miss you three here! Still though, you've moved on, and that's important... you can't spend life spinning your wheels, or you're not living. Love you all!