Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Evenings

In the evenings we have been taking Jackson outside to play in the grass around Wyview. Jared reads to me as Jack moters around on the grass finding interesting things to look at. A few days ago we finished the 7th Harry Potter for the second time. I have to admit that I was sad as we finished the last of the Harry Potters. Jared is the one who introduced them to me. I wasn't much of a reader before I met Jared and he has encouraged me along while I developed a LOVE for the written word, especially JK's written words. Jared and I have read all of the Harry Potters together. We have a tradition of reading before bed and it has been something that we look forward to. The Harry Potter books will always be special not only for the amazing mind of JK Rowling but because of the memories of reading, anticipating, and speculating with my husband. So thank you JK!!

Jackson also loves our evenings out reading. He frequently tries to wrestle the book from Dad's arms. I know Jack is just so curious to find out why the book is so fascinating that Dad keeps his face in it the whole time. This evening Jack decided to imitate us chewing while we spent time reading.



This is a bonus video because it is hilarious! It gives you an example of how Jacksons personality is developing.

5 comments:

Nicole Chan said...

what is he eating that makes he react like that! So funny!

Rachel and Jared said...

He was eating oatmeal with apples and cinnamon. Not that bad!

Deanna said...

Jack is so sweet and fun to watch! Thanks for sharing your little couple tradition of reading before you go to bed--Jason and I always say we want to start this but never get around to doing it. Now that we know how great the rewards are maybe we will be more motivated.

Jacob said...

Jacob made me replay those videos like 5 times and he wouldn't stop laughing! He said it made his day :) We can hardly wait to see you 3 in July!!! :) Many more laughs to come, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

Little Jackson always makes his Aunt Tia laugh and smile!! He is such a little character..I miss him!! Love you guys! What a face, haha!