Friday evening at 8:35pm I was laying down and I felt a little pop followed by a gush of water and I knew tonight was the night! Jared and I got all the bags packed and took a moment to reflect as we walked around the intramural fields by our apartment. It was a beautiful evening and a moment that we had been anxiously waiting for. Sixteen hours later our beautiful son was born at 12:44 pm, weighing in at a hefty 8 lbs. 4 oz., 20 inches long with good size feet and blond hair. Shortly after he was born my supportive husband touched his forehead to mine and we cried together as parents. Holding him feels like a miracle. Watching his facial expressions, having his little hand wrap around my finger, and having his strong legs kick my hand makes me smile and thank God for our little miracle!!!

Finally asleep at 8:30 am after a long night

Finally asleep at 8:30 am after a long night

Daddy care
A little one-on-one father and son time.
Kaylee was very excited to meet and hold her new cousin. He started to cry because he was hungry and Kaylee ran to the back room to check on him and see what was going on.
A little one-on-one father and son time.
Kaylee was very excited to meet and hold her new cousin. He started to cry because he was hungry and Kaylee ran to the back room to check on him and see what was going on.








7 comments:
R & J -
Jackson is SOOOO cute! He looks like he's gonna be a blondie! I am so happy for you guys!
Ah shucks, he's just so darn cute! I want to come and snuggle with him! Rachel, I just want to say that I think you're doing such a good job and it's soooo hard and you're almost through the hardest weeks! (At least what I thought were the hardest!)
Yea for new pics! Jackson is precious! And you two are such good parents! Anne's right - these are the hardest days! Way to hang in there!
What a cutie! Congrats on such a great accomplishment. Just hang in there until Jackson smiles for the first time. It's all worth it for that one smile!
I can't wait to meet Jackson. He is getting cuter by the day! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun and loving being his Mommy & Daddy. Your little family is the cutest!! Give Jackson a little kiss from Aunt Tia. :)
Way to go Rife's...he is so adorable. Thanks for your adorable blog...it warms our hearts and helps us remember our days of little newborns. And I'm with Anne and Lori--you're doing awesome and it only gets better from here! Keep up the amazing work, and borrow more movies!
Hey guys - I have a friend who has a new little one (a bit older than Jackson)...She just posted a few tips and a book title that she found helpful in teaching her babe how to relax. Check out the post if you're interested. Just click "LINDSAY" on Wes's and my site. (the post is dated today, Sept. 20th, and is called something like "connection restored")...
Hope you're hanging in there!
Post a Comment